Do you agree with the Union of UEA Students” proposal to ban the song “Blurred Lines” on campus? Have your say in the referendum - students can vote online between now and Friday at 5pm: http://buzz.mw/b5itb_n
The Dean of Students’ Office is recruiting enthusiastic, capable and responsible people to join the Senior Resident team in September 2014.
Senior Residents will work closely with staff in the Dean of Students’ Office to deliver high quality advice, guidance and support to students living in residences and to facilitate the development of a well-integrated residential community.
In return for rent-free self-contained accommodation (either a single-person flat or a two-bedroom flat or family house shared with another Senior Resident) comprising living room, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom, Senior Residents will:
- Promote the well-being and good order of students in residences and strive to create a positive living environment;
- Play a key role in the welcome and induction of new students and support students’ transition from home to university life;
- Provide a duty system which guarantees students can access help and support out-of-hours and at weekends.
It is expected that successful candidates will have demonstrable life/work experience, good communication and organisational skills, the ability to work well within a team, a calm approach to difficult situations and the motivation to contribute pro-actively towards the work of the Dean of Students’ Office.
The role of Senior Resident will be rewarding and represents an excellent personal and professional development opportunity for those able to respond to the challenges. Comprehensive induction and in-service training will be provided to the successful applicants.
- Successful applicants must be available to attend a group task assessment and face-to-face interview which will take place at the University between Monday 27 January 2014 and Friday 14 February.
- Interviewed applicants will be informed of the outcome of their interview in the week beginning Monday 17 February 2014.
- Senior Resident accommodation is unsuitable for couples or families.
- The appointment is subject to a records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application packs are available from the Dean of Students’ Office or can be downloaded from http://www.uea.ac.uk/services/students/Accomm/SRVacs.
Deadline for applications: Monday 13 January 2014 at 12:00 mid-day.
UEA’s Student Enterprise & Employability Development Team (SEED) are looking for students to take part in a focus group on Monday November 25, 3.10-3.40pm at the Careers Centre.
They are investigating how to increase student awareness and engagement with small and medium businesses (also known as SMEs). SEED aims to find out how much students know about SMEs and how they feel towards them. Their feedback will help improve the Careers and Internship services.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s never too late to join UEA - as our visitors found out last night at the Mature Students event.
If you’re interested in joining UEA log on to our website: http://bit.ly/1aJ17ZU
Support James Zen in his mission to bring a huge #RBNightMaster party worth £30,000 to your Student Union.
To help bring the event to UEA visit this website - http://buzz.mw/b5n1z_l - and click “like” and “tweet”.